Main Menu

Vernacular Translations of the Latin Vulgate Bible

Started by Kephapaulos, October 21, 2017, 01:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kephapaulos

Geremia

Kephapaulos

Quote from: Geremia on October 22, 2017, 04:00:55 PM
Quote from: Kephapaulos on October 22, 2017, 12:38:26 PMSpanish (correct link): https://archive.org/details/lasagradabiblia02unkngoog
Ah, the Felix Torres Amat version. Yes, that's one of the best Spanish ones. thanks

One of the best? I also have the Nicar Colunga translation, but I don't think it's a translation of the Vulgate.

I recall that the SSPX French district has the Crampon French translation from Hebrew and Greek with consultation of the Vulgate, which I find a little unusual aside from mere polyglot comparison. The Dominicans of Avrille sell both the Glaire translation of the Vulgate and the Crampon translation through their La Sel de la Terre website.

When Holy Mother Church is restored, I imagine the Vulgate translations will be used more prevalently again. There is more of a gamble using extant Hebrew and Greek manuscipts that go only so far back.

Not to denigrate the memory of Pius XII, but it was during his time that there ended up being mistaken direction in the field of biblical scholarship. Archaeological discoveries are valuable to find, but they merely confirm what Holy Writ says and are no substitute for the faith as well as considering than scientists can be prone to human error in misinterpreting their findings.