News:

Those whose hearts are pure are temples of the Holy Spirit. —St. Lucy

Main Menu

Catholic Technical Institute (CTI)

Started by Geremia, April 05, 2017, 06:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geremia

Inspired by this thread, I'm pleased to announce the Catholic Technical Institute (CTI).
Although it's scope could conceivably be broadened in the future, here is the description of it which will be registered on Moodle.net:
QuoteThomistic, scholastic philosophy and history of medieval physics taught in conjunction with modern physics
Please register as a teacher or student so we can form a truly modern educational institution. If we get enough people interested, it could be lucrative for teachers and inexpensive for students.

Geremia

"Roberto" McKenzie gave me the idea of the "Catholic Technical Institute," and I discovered today that he passed away in 2019. From his obituary:
QuoteHe took courses in Theology at the Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas (Angelicum) in Rome
[...]
he began thinking of establishing a Catholic Technical Institute, where "men may know wisdom and instruction, understand words of insight, receive instruction in wise dealing, righteousness, justice, and equity" (Proverbs 1:2-3). He envisioned training youth to achieve excellence through the Scientific Method with a special emphasis on Calculus and practical training in crafts and employable skills (i.e., auto repair, carpentry, and teaching), while also growing in philosophical and theological thought.
His patron was St. Robert Bellarmine, and he had a strong devotion to St. Joseph and Our Lady. He told me a story about how he got into a fist-fight in Italy with someone who disrespected Our Lady. :)
Requiescat in pace.

Kephapaulos

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen.

Fidelium animae per misericordiam Dei requiescant in pace. Amen.

Geremia