News:

"we needed none of these having for our comfort the holy Books, that are in our hands." —Maccabees 12:9

Main Menu

felix festum S. Dominici!

Started by Geremia, August 04, 2017, 08:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geremia

Happy feast of St. Dominic!
Dominicans are the original bibliophiles; the only reason St. Dominic and St. Francis didn't merge their orders was books!
St. Rose of Lima first heard about vows of virginity from a book she read on St. Catherine of Siena. Books are life-changing.

Kephapaulos

Happy feast of St. Dominic!

Indeed books are life-changing. I have so many that have helped me in understanding the truth.

It would be nice to visit the shrine of St. Dominic in Bologna too. We made a stop in Bologna on my first trip to Italy, but sadly I did not get off the bus. At the time though, I did know that he was entombed there.

St. Dominic, pray for us! Please ask Our Blessed Lord to dispel the darkness of confusion on our minds and enlighten them with the saving light of the truth in our learning through books that give praise and glory to the name of the same One and Only True God. Amen.

Geremia

Quote from: Kephapaulos on August 04, 2017, 07:09:12 PMIt would be nice to visit the shrine of St. Dominic in Bologna too. We made a stop in Bologna on my first trip to Italy, but sadly I did not get off the bus. At the time though, I did know that he was entombed there.
Oh, he's not entombed at Santa Sabina on the outskirts of Rome?

Kephapaulos

No, but I would not pass it there may be a first relic of him at Santa Sabina.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_of_San_Domenico

Kephapaulos

St. Dominic also actually did die today on the feast of the Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Happy feast day!

Geremia

Chants for Feast of St. Dominic 

GregoBase has transcribed the chants for St. Dominic's feast, beginning with its First Vespers, taken from Gillet, O.P.'s Antiphonarium pp. 878ff.

Kephapaulos

Happy feast of the Transfiguration! Happy belated feast of St. Dominic! It is the day he died still, the feast of the Transfiguration!

Geremia

Quote from: Kephapaulos on August 06, 2019, 09:41:28 PMHappy feast of the Transfiguration! Happy belated feast of St. Dominic! It is the day he died still, the feast of the Transfiguration!
Yes, that's right!

Kephapaulos

Felix octava Assumptionis Beatae Mariae Virginis! Et felix festum Sancti Hyacinthi, de Ordine Praedicatorum!

Geremia

Quote from: Kephapaulos on August 17, 2019, 09:10:57 PMfelix festum Sancti Hyacinthi, de Ordine Praedicatorum!
Yes, happy feast of the "Polish St. Dominic" to you, too. :D

It's great to see the faith still alive in Poland; see this 15-year-old Pole, inspired by Fr. Ignacy Skorupka.

Kephapaulos

Felix festum Sancti Dominici!

Tibi gratias pro musica!

Geremia

Quote from: Kephapaulos on August 04, 2020, 05:53:44 PMTibi gratias pro musica!
That Thierry Mechler organist is quite accomplished, to be able to improvise on Gregorian chant themes! Listen to his other recordings.