News:

"Omnis enim res quæ dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur, nondum habetur quomodo habenda est." ("For a possession which is not diminished by being shared with others, if it is possessed and not shared, is not yet possessed as it ought to be possessed.") —St. Augustine, De doctrina Christiana lib. 1 cap. 1

Main Menu

Library Issue

Started by Aristotle, June 28, 2022, 05:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristotle

Uhh... guys, is it just me, or does every time you go to read a book in the library it says "Failed to load book manifest." I thought it was a one off thing but no, every single book in the library does that for me, with the details reading:
Failed to communicate with "/calibre/book-manifest/8964/PDF?library_id=CalibreLibrary&1656463784306", with status: [500 (error)]

Also, if it is just a me problem, got any ideas on how I can fix that?

Geremia

I don't get that issue. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

Also, are you getting "No epub format for the book" errors on any other books besides book with ID #5028?

Aristotle

Quote from: Geremia on June 28, 2022, 06:07:19 PMI don't get that issue. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies.
So it is just me. I tried using other devices, different browsers, even just using mobile data instead of my wifi. Definitely funky...

Quote from: Geremia on June 28, 2022, 06:07:19 PMAlso, are you getting "No epub format for the book" errors on any other books besides book with ID #5028?
Yep, on all of them actually when I try to download them. But now that I know its a problem on my side and not the site itself I'll figure it out. Just seeing if it was something wrong with the library itself.

Geremia

Geremia

Quote from: Aristotle on June 28, 2022, 06:19:55 PMJust seeing if it was something wrong with the library itself.
Files with long names didn't work. The hoster of the gigabit mirror was using Windows; but now he's using Linux, which doesn't have such filename-length issues.

Aristotle

Quote from: Geremia on June 28, 2022, 08:21:53 PMYou can browse the directory structure of the library instead.
Thankfully that works for most things. Though it still doesn't work for Universe Without Space and Time.
Quote from: Geremia on June 29, 2022, 08:53:39 PMFiles with long names didn't work. The hoster of the gigabit mirror was using Windows; but now he's using Linux, which doesn't have such filename-length issues.
Ahh, I see. So that's probably the problem with the above.

Geremia

Quote from: Aristotle on June 30, 2022, 08:25:55 AMit still doesn't work for Universe Without Space and Time
What's the exact link that doesn't work?

Aristotle

Quote from: Geremia on July 01, 2022, 06:37:13 AMThat's a valid link. What's the problem?
For me it shows up as a bunch of questions marks and numbers all the way down.

Geremia

Quote from: Aristotle on July 01, 2022, 05:04:37 PMFor me it shows up as a bunch of questions marks and numbers all the way down.
Try it now. I mapped azw3 to application/vnd.amazon.ebook MIME type.

Aristotle

Quote from: Geremia on July 02, 2022, 11:23:35 AMTry it now. I mapped azw3 to application/vnd.amazon.ebook MIME type.
Nice! It works for me now! Thanks