News:

Holy Communion is the shortest and safest way to Heaven. —Pope St. Pius X

Main Menu

St. Alphonsus de' Liguori's Moral Theology in English

Started by Kephapaulos, June 06, 2021, 04:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kephapaulos

I know that Ryan Grant of Mediatrix Press has been gradually publishing a multivolume English translation of St. Alphonsus Maria de' Liguori's Theologia Moralis, but I thought I remember you directing me to another English translation of it by someone else online a few years ago, Geremia. Did you lose access to it? Or did such a thing ever exist? Or perhaps it was the original Latin? Which would be fine for me since it does not hurt to learn more Latin and read the original text. Nevertheless, I am glad Ryan Grant is publishing an English translation. I have the first two volumes, and I want to check to see if he came out with the next one. I know he came out with the next volume of the translation of De Controversiis by St. Robert Bellarmine too.

Geremia

Quote from: Kephapaulos on June 06, 2021, 04:23:24 PManother English translation of it by someone else online a few years ago
I don't think a complete English translation of Theologia moralis exists. It has seven books, and Ryan Grant has only translated the first three.

Quote from: Kephapaulos on June 06, 2021, 04:23:24 PMthe next volume of the translation of De Controversiis by St. Robert Bellarmine
Yes, there are several. I've read parts of his Antichrist one and De Romano pontifice (vol. 1).