News:

At the end of our life, we shall all be judged by charity. —St. John of the Cross

Main Menu

Charles Coulombe and Feeneyism

Started by Kephapaulos, January 09, 2017, 09:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geremia

The best treatment of Feeneyism I've seen is ch. 7 "The Holy Office Letter Suprema Hæc Sacra" (the letter condemning Fr. Feeney), pp. 100ff of Msgr. Fenton's The Catholic Church and Salvation: In the Light of Recent Pronouncements of the Holy See. The last two pages of that chapter, pp. 217-218, is a good 10 point summary.
Charles Coulombe does offer some good historical context in the interview you cite.

Kephapaulos

I had read the ten-point summary. It was very good. When things get normal in the Church, in my humble opinion, a Pope or Council will have to pronounce a dogmatic definition on the matter. It would be a laborious task to formulate such a definition, but it could be done if the Church does so.

Geremia

Quote from: Kephapaulos on March 04, 2017, 07:51:13 PMI had read the ten-point summary. It was very good. When things get normal in the Church, in my humble opinion, a Pope or Council will have to pronounce a dogmatic definition on the matter. It would be a laborious task to formulate such a definition, but it could be done if the Church does so.
Yes, I'm sure there were those who thought the formulating Trent's definitions would be an almost impossible task, but if some holy theologians get together in a council, the Holy Ghost would certainly guide them in formulating the anathemas properly.

Also, as Fr. Kramer in The Book of Destiny, the most in-depth commentary on the Book of the Apocalypse, says on Apoc. 12:5 ("And she brought forth a man child, who was to govern all nations in an iron rod..."), there will be a pope or general council that will decree the "seven thunders" mentioned in Apoc. 10, which Fr. Kramer argues are decrees of this pope or general councils.