News:

[A]nyone...striving after his advancement...is...given to spiritual reading. —St. Athanasius

Main Menu

Was Russia properly consecrated to the Immaculate Heart?

Started by Geremia, March 17, 2022, 04:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geremia

No pope has yet consecrated Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary according to all the requests of Our Lady of Fatima.

Fatima: A Spiritual Light for Our Times: The Great Secret of Fatima (vol. 3) by Fr. Karl Stehlin, ch. 3 "The Refusal of the Consecration of Russia", pp. 64-66:
QuoteOn the 13th of July 1917, She announces: "I shall come to ask for the consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart, and the Communion of Reparation on the First Saturdays. If my requests are heeded, Russia will be converted". She doesn't say "my request", but "my requests", that is both requests. On the 13th of June 1929, in Tuy, Our Lady gives 4 conditions for the consecration of Russia. She requires the Pope:
  • to unite "with all the bishops of the world"
  • to make the consecration
  • of Russia
  • to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
    On the 13th of May 1930, Sister Lucia explains further the will of Heaven and adds 2 conditions:
  • "a solemn act of reparation and consecration of Russia to the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary"
  • "the promise that upon the ending of this persecution [the persecution of the Church by those following the errors of Russia] he will approve and recommend the practice of the reparatory devotion already described."
table of the partial consecrations performed by various popes
QuoteNote 1: Paul VI gave no order to the bishops. John-Paul II simply said his act was in "spiritual union" with the bishops.
Note 2: the term used during these acts was "entrust" and not "consecrate".
Note 3: the formula used by Pius XII was: "especially for the peoples who profess for you a particular devotion and among whom there was no home which would not have honoured your venerable icon." Those used by John-Paul II are: "the nations who particularly need this offering (donatio) and this consecration" and "the peoples from whom you are expecting the consecration and offering".