News:

Ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ. —St. Jerome

Main Menu

Proper citation etc.

Started by Kephapaulos, May 11, 2021, 12:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kephapaulos

1) Which Summa online is best to cite?

2) How do I like to a part of a section of a webpage directly?

3) What form of citation should I use? Chicago style? MLA? APA?

4) How do I navigate the library properly?

5) What are the best software programs for epub, djvu, and other formats in the library?

Geremia

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 11, 2021, 12:47:32 AM1) Which Summa online is best to cite?
Latin: Corpus Thomisticum
See the English editions of St. Thomas in Thérèse Bonin's Thomas Aquinas in English: A Bibliography.

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 11, 2021, 12:47:32 AM3) What form of citation should I use? Chicago style? MLA? APA?
I use Chicago, but it depends on what your publisher requires.

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 11, 2021, 12:47:32 AM2) How do I like to a part of a section of a webpage directly?
Depends on how your answer your question #3.

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 11, 2021, 12:47:32 AM4) How do I navigate the library properly?
What library?

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 11, 2021, 12:47:32 AM5) What are the best software programs for epub, djvu, and other formats in the library?
Calibre for e-books, Zotero for papers and citation management

Kephapaulos

Here are corrections to a few of my questions:

2) How do I link to a part of a section of a webpage directly?

4) How do I navigate the St. Isidore library here properly?

Geremia

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 12, 2021, 09:50:00 PM2) How do I link to a part of a section of a webpage directly?
Use HTML anchors, if the webpage has them. For example, to link to I-II q. 77 a. 6, use this URL (everything beginning at the "#" is the reference to the HTML anchor):
https://isidore.co/aquinas/summa/FS/FS077.html#FSQ77A6THEP1

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 12, 2021, 09:50:00 PM4) How do I navigate the St. Isidore library here properly?
Go here to search for books by author, tag, identifier, etc.