News:

[A]nyone...striving after his advancement...is...given to spiritual reading. —St. Athanasius

Main Menu

Library Issue

Started by Aristotle, June 28, 2022, 05:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristotle

Uhh... guys, is it just me, or does every time you go to read a book in the library it says "Failed to load book manifest." I thought it was a one off thing but no, every single book in the library does that for me, with the details reading:
Failed to communicate with "/calibre/book-manifest/8964/PDF?library_id=CalibreLibrary&1656463784306", with status: [500 (error)]

Also, if it is just a me problem, got any ideas on how I can fix that?

Geremia

I don't get that issue. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

Also, are you getting "No epub format for the book" errors on any other books besides book with ID #5028?

Aristotle

Quote from: Geremia on June 28, 2022, 06:07:19 PMI don't get that issue. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies.
So it is just me. I tried using other devices, different browsers, even just using mobile data instead of my wifi. Definitely funky...

Quote from: Geremia on June 28, 2022, 06:07:19 PMAlso, are you getting "No epub format for the book" errors on any other books besides book with ID #5028?
Yep, on all of them actually when I try to download them. But now that I know its a problem on my side and not the site itself I'll figure it out. Just seeing if it was something wrong with the library itself.

Geremia

Geremia

Quote from: Aristotle on June 28, 2022, 06:19:55 PMJust seeing if it was something wrong with the library itself.
Files with long names didn't work. The hoster of the gigabit mirror was using Windows; but now he's using Linux, which doesn't have such filename-length issues.

Aristotle

Quote from: Geremia on June 28, 2022, 08:21:53 PMYou can browse the directory structure of the library instead.
Thankfully that works for most things. Though it still doesn't work for Universe Without Space and Time.
Quote from: Geremia on June 29, 2022, 08:53:39 PMFiles with long names didn't work. The hoster of the gigabit mirror was using Windows; but now he's using Linux, which doesn't have such filename-length issues.
Ahh, I see. So that's probably the problem with the above.

Geremia

Quote from: Aristotle on June 30, 2022, 08:25:55 AMit still doesn't work for Universe Without Space and Time
What's the exact link that doesn't work?

Aristotle

Quote from: Geremia on July 01, 2022, 06:37:13 AMThat's a valid link. What's the problem?
For me it shows up as a bunch of questions marks and numbers all the way down.

Geremia

Quote from: Aristotle on July 01, 2022, 05:04:37 PMFor me it shows up as a bunch of questions marks and numbers all the way down.
Try it now. I mapped azw3 to application/vnd.amazon.ebook MIME type.

Aristotle

Quote from: Geremia on July 02, 2022, 11:23:35 AMTry it now. I mapped azw3 to application/vnd.amazon.ebook MIME type.
Nice! It works for me now! Thanks