News:

"Omnis enim res quæ dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur, nondum habetur quomodo habenda est." ("For a possession which is not diminished by being shared with others, if it is possessed and not shared, is not yet possessed as it ought to be possessed.") —St. Augustine, De doctrina Christiana lib. 1 cap. 1

Main Menu

Proper citation etc.

Started by Kephapaulos, May 11, 2021, 12:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kephapaulos

1) Which Summa online is best to cite?

2) How do I like to a part of a section of a webpage directly?

3) What form of citation should I use? Chicago style? MLA? APA?

4) How do I navigate the library properly?

5) What are the best software programs for epub, djvu, and other formats in the library?

Geremia

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 11, 2021, 12:47:32 AM1) Which Summa online is best to cite?
Latin: Corpus Thomisticum
See the English editions of St. Thomas in Thérèse Bonin's Thomas Aquinas in English: A Bibliography.

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 11, 2021, 12:47:32 AM3) What form of citation should I use? Chicago style? MLA? APA?
I use Chicago, but it depends on what your publisher requires.

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 11, 2021, 12:47:32 AM2) How do I like to a part of a section of a webpage directly?
Depends on how your answer your question #3.

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 11, 2021, 12:47:32 AM4) How do I navigate the library properly?
What library?

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 11, 2021, 12:47:32 AM5) What are the best software programs for epub, djvu, and other formats in the library?
Calibre for e-books, Zotero for papers and citation management

Kephapaulos

Here are corrections to a few of my questions:

2) How do I link to a part of a section of a webpage directly?

4) How do I navigate the St. Isidore library here properly?

Geremia

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 12, 2021, 09:50:00 PM2) How do I link to a part of a section of a webpage directly?
Use HTML anchors, if the webpage has them. For example, to link to I-II q. 77 a. 6, use this URL (everything beginning at the "#" is the reference to the HTML anchor):
https://isidore.co/aquinas/summa/FS/FS077.html#FSQ77A6THEP1

Quote from: Kephapaulos on May 12, 2021, 09:50:00 PM4) How do I navigate the St. Isidore library here properly?
Go here to search for books by author, tag, identifier, etc.